Behavioral Health Counselor
Southwest CARE Center
- Profssl Non-Degree
Are you an Independently Licensed Social Worker (LISW/LCSW) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) seeking a professional and supportive environment where you can make a direct impact in the lives of some of our community’s most vulnerable? Our Specialty Services patients are New Mexicans living with chronic disease and the related heath, social, and financial struggles that lead to unique and demanding behavioral health challenges. Our care team is dedicated to treating our patients with dignity and providing the healthcare that every person deserves. In joining our team, you become a part of a process that truly leads to improving the lives of our community.
Southwest CARE Center (SCC), with 3 clinics located in Santa Fe and 1 in Albuquerque, NM is seeking a Behavioral Health Counselor (BHC) to serve as a core member of a collaborative care team that may involve the patient’s primary care provider, a consulting psychiatrist, case managers, nurses, and other mental health providers at our growing Specialty Services clinic in Albuquerque focusing on HIV treatment and care. Specific experience in the field of HIV mental health is not required and we are more than happy to train qualified therapists in this dynamic and rewarding arena of healthcare.
The BHC works in a team-based environment alongside clinical and social service practitioners leveraging a variety of medical and social supportive services to provide the patients with resources that overcome barriers to meeting therapeutic goals. Our Albuquerque clinic is growing and looking to provide expanded services to the Albuquerque- Rio Rancho Area.
Please take a moment to review the short film below, which chronicles the great working going on at SCC
· Experience in the field of HIV mental health is helpful, but not required.
· Experience with screening and assessment for common mental / substance use disorders, required.
· Working knowledge of differential diagnoses of common mental / substance use disorders required.
· Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments for common mental disorders required.
· Familiarity with brief, structured counseling techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Activation) required.
· Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology for common mental disorders required.
· Experience working with underserved, transient populations desired.
· Experience working with patients who have co-occurring mental health, substance use, and physical health problems desired.
· Experience with evidence-based counseling techniques (e.g. CBT or PST) desired.
· Working knowledge of psychopharmacology desired.
· Experience working with safety net providers within the community and knowledge of community resources desired.
Education: Independent Licensed at the master’s level for behavioral health service provision.
License/Certification: LISW/LCSW or LPCC required.
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting.
· Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with clients and other members of the care team.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to effectively engage clients in a therapeutic relationship.
· Strong personal and professional boundaries.
· Working knowledge of harm reduction psychotherapy.
· Ability to work with clients by telephone or in person.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Behavioral Health Jobs
- View more Profssl Non-Degree Jobs
- View more Southwest CARE Center Jobs